The village of Puisseguin Saint-Emilion stands on a promontory
with vineyards running gently down over rolling hills and it enjoys
a bright, dry micro-climate, warmed by the gulf stream.
The Maison aux Vignes is under half a mile from the centre of
the village, situated on the D130 which runs from just north-east
of Puisseguin in the direction of Saint-Emilion.
Take the A10 Autoroute towards Bordeaux.
Exit at junction 39A - direction Libourne (green signed route)
After approx 20kms the road to Libourne becomes the D670
On approaching Libourne follow the Autres Directions over the river bridge
into Libourne and follow St Emilion (white signs) and Bergerac (green signs).
You will come to a roundabout - follow Bergerac and St Emilion.
At the next roundabout - follow Bergerac and St Emilion.
At the 1st traffic lights (cross roads) turn left to Pomerol D244. Go over
the railway, through the village of Catusseau to the mini roundabout and
bear right to Montagne.
Follow the road for approx 5mins into Montagne. Follow the road up through
the village around the bends to the left and right and you will see
Continue to follow the road (D244) to a t-junction (approx 4 minutes from
Turn right onto the D17 and immediately bear right again (45 degrees) onto
the D130 signed to St Christophe de Bardes.
Maison aux vignes is approx 700 metres on the right.
- From St Malo - 5 hours - excellent dual carriageway and motorway
- Also, easy routes from Caen, Cherbourg, Le Havre, Calais
- Ryanair from Stanstead to Bergerac
- British airways from Gatwick to Bordeaux
- Air France from Gatwick to Bordeaux
- Flybe - Bristol, Southampton
- Other regional connections from the UK are available to Bordeaux
- Eurostar/TGV from Waterloo or Ashford to Libourne (which is
15 minutes from the house) via Paris or Lille. Regional connections
from around the UK.